Friday, April 16, 2010

Where Do I Start?

Today, while hanging out with some incredible ladies from our homeschool playgroup, I had several questions about my couponing.  In this post I will do my best to answer them.

WHERE DO I START???  Start with the little things.  Gather up coupons, ask the neighbors for their Sunday ads, etc.  It will take about 6 months to get a stockpile build up.  The best way to save money is to stockpile.  Need extra coupons?  Try Ebay.com, a Coupon Clipping Service, or even ask me!  I've got a good stockpile, so sometimes I do not use all the coupons.  Even if you do not have coupons, you will still do GREAT shopping just the buy one get ones at Publix. 

WHERE TO SHOP:  I personally shop at Publix, Target, and the drug stores.  I do not get to each every week - it would be chaos to try to hit all the deals, and you will easily get burnt out. 

The best way to find the deals, it to come by here of course!  I bring you my favorite deals every day, and try to add some in that are specific to the Athens, GA area.  Then check out sites that are store specific for coupon matchups.  For Publix, I recommend I Heart Publix.  For Target, there is Totally Target.  There is also I Heart Wags, I Heart CVS, and I Heart Rite-Aid.  Someone else is doing the work for you, all you have to do is decide which deals are right for your family.

BRAND SPECIFIC: Another question I got was "What if I only want this brand...".  I personally think, don't knock it until you have tried it.  Since couponing, I have found and fell in love with many brands I would have never considered or bought before.  It's always great to try new things! 

Any other questions?
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: